Protect Your Rights
A criminal conviction can bring harsh penalties that infringe upon your freedom and finances. Veteran criminal defense attorney David A. Cardon in Virginia Beach, VA, can help you avoid a crime record that can haunt you for years, affecting your future opportunities and lifestyle. Our practice defends adults and juveniles accused of DUI, drug charges, and felony crimes.
Successful Defense for Hundreds of Clients Facing a Variety of Charges
- Driving Under the Influence
- A DUI charge can be more or less serious depending upon the degree of alleged impairment, prior convictions, and the age of the driver. A first offense is a misdemeanor, but can bring stiff penalties, including loss of your license for a year. The third conviction in five years is a felony with mandatory prison time and license revocation.
- Drug Charges
- Conviction classifications and penalties for drug charges vary greatly, but most drug crimes are harshly penalized. Possession of medicinal marijuana is legal, but the parameters are stringent. Most charges of sale and distribution are felonies.
- Firearms and Weapons Offenses
- Virginia laws specify who can purchase, possess, and carry a firearm, and in what location a gun can be legally discharged. Discharge of a weapon in an occupied building or school is a felony, as is any use of a weapon in the course of a crime.
- Assault and Battery
- Assault and battery is usually a misdemeanor, and often occurs in domestic violence cases. Assault and battery can be a felony charge if, for example, a victim was allegedly selected because of race, religious conviction, color, or national origin.
- Other Crimes
- Our firm assists clients accused of the most serious crimes – armed robbery, rape, and murder – as well as minor offenses, such as traffic offenses, underage drinking, and shoplifting.
We provide compassionate representation, with the goal of clearing your name and helping you get on with life, without the threat of criminal conviction hanging over your head.
The Cardon Law Difference
David Cardon is admitted to practice in state and federal Virginia courts, the Court of Appeals and Virginia Supreme Court. He is fully prepared to defend your constitutional rights, including presumption of innocence.
Attorney Cardon will provide an honest assessment of your situation and explain all of your legal options. He will ensure all of your rights have been upheld, especially in regards to Miranda warnings. Attorney Cardon also provides meticulous trial preparation, and ensures you are fully prepared for court appearances, if required. If a plea bargain is in your best interest, you can make an informed decision and be kept apprised of all developments in your case.
At Cardon Law, we have a long history of legal practice in Virginia, and have a reputation for integrity, skill, and strategic planning. Attorney Cardon is familiar with local judges, attorneys, police, and courtroom juries. He uses his knowledge and professional ties to ensure his clients are treated fairly and offered every possible advantage.
We provide compassionate representation, with the goal of clearing your name and helping you get on with life, without the threat of criminal conviction hanging over your head. We have assisted hundreds of clients, and you can count on us to do our very best to get your charges dropped or penalties minimized.
Protect Your Rights
Please contact us to schedule a free consultation with David Cardon today. Our phone lines are continuously monitored, and all messages are promptly returned.
At the heart of this practice, we are improving people's lives everyday. My clients often have their job, their assets, and their quality of life residing on these cases, which is why success is not just important, but absolutely crucial.David A. Cardon PC